SOS Distress Light
Out of stock
Email when stock available
SOS DISTRESS LIGHT
The SOS Distress Light is the first and only LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires which solves the challenge of flare disposal.
Omni-directional horizontal beam plus vertical beam: SOS Distress Light is an LED SOS visual distress signal powered by a high-performance, programmable microprocessor controlling an SOS signal flashed though a potent CREE LED bulb. Provides an omni-directional light display for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead.
Safer Than Flares; Safe for the Environment
- The SOS Distress Light is the first and only award winning LED Visual Distress Signal device accepted to completely replace dangerous and environmentally harmful pyrotechnic flares
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” 46 CFR 161.013
- When combined with the included daytime distress signal flag, meets all USCG Federal Requirements for carriage of day and night
- Designed, engineered, patented, and produced in the USA. Engineered by Sirius Signal
- One time purchase: no expiration date and no disposal is needed
- Simple On/Off switch
- Visible for over 10 nautical miles
- Environmentally safe battery-operated
- Powered by three C-batteries (sold separately)
- Buoyant, and lightweight SOS Distress Light, can be handheld, tethered or hoisted aloft
- Lasts hours compared to flares, which last minutes, or meteor flares which last mere seconds
- Distress flag included. The Coast Guard-compliant Orange Distress Flag fulfills the legal requirement for “Day Visual Distress Signal for Boats” (46 CFR 160.072)
- The black square and black circle pattern on this orange 36″ x 36″ Distress Flag has proven to be a literal lifesaver in countless daytime aerial searches.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.