NIGHT SKY STENCIL
We didn’t think too much about this at first — until we stayed at a friend’s house whose guest bedroom had it. How pleasant when the lights were turned out, and the glowing stars appeared! For whatever reason, sleep seemed to come quicker too. Below are some of the manufacturer’s reasons for trying this idea. We have already given ours.
Night Sky Star StencilTM transforms the ceiling of your darkened room into a dramatic replica of the real night sky while leaving the lighted room unchanged.
- Soothing and relaxing. Finally a simple cure for fear of the dark. The peaceful comfort of a starry night inspires a feeling of “connectedness” with the universe.
- Accurate and educational! Stars and constellations are in proper positions with accurate relative brightness. You also get a hand-held Star Map and Constellation Finder that shows the names and locations of hundred of stars–an entire hemisphere! In addition, the star map is an excellent take-along item anytime you’re star gazing outdoors.
- Easy! You simply affix the stencil to the ceiling or wall with the supplied temporary–and paint the stencil holes with the special glow-in-the-dark paint. Then you remove the stencil. Works on both smooth and textured ceilings!
- When you’re ready for the stars to shine, expose them to normal room light. Turn out the lights, and the stars glow and keep glowing for up to 30 minutes. They can be recharged indefinitely and are unnoticeable in lighted rooms or on light-colored surfaces. The stencil can be saved and reused.
- It’s all here! Your kit contains everything you need. The Night Sky Star Stencil (either 8- or 12-feet in diameter), adhesive, a special formula luminous paint, brush, and easy-to-follow instructions. SW 3 lbs.